Advertisement

for my dad - what a wonderful world | AJ Rafael

for my dad - what a wonderful world | AJ Rafael Today is the 20th Father's Day without my dad around. This was one of my dad's favorite songs.

I remember him listening to this song with a Louis Armstrong cassette tape on our radio while he would play chess by himself... I copied the song onto another tape with my TalkBoy and listened to it over and over when he passed away. I always think of him when I hear it.

Last September, I started pre-production on a documentary about my dad thanks to a crowdfunding campaign last June. Our plan was to travel to the Philippines in March this year. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we had to push back our schedules... The plan was actually to have released the documentary on Father's Day this year. I believe that everything has its way of working itself out... and we are still making the documentary but most likely starting later this year. Thanks to everyone who donated to the campaign, and who continues to listen to my music and support my journey as a storyteller. Love y'all.

AJ

Shot at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills
Colored by Kevin Manh

Special thanks to Alyssa Navarro, Grace Yoo, and Max Torrez

Rafael

Post a Comment

0 Comments